Tour with Deirdre McCay at the Caravaggio Exhibition (National Gallery, Ottawa)
with an overnight stay at the elegant Lord Elgin Hotel
TWO DATES: Saturday August 27th (until the 28th)
or Saturday September 10th (until the 11th)
– Overnight stay at the Lord Elgin Hotel (private room with luxurious queen size bed)
– Full buffet breakfast
– A ticket to the Caravaggio Exhibit
– A 2 1/2 – 3 hour tour led by Deirdre McCay who will give background information about the artist and lead discussions on the work from the eyes of the painter
– Gifts: truffles, starbucks certificate
PRICE: $285 CAN
(significant discount if you are willing to share a room)
– Transportation to Ottawa
– Group dinner at the hotel’s restaurant Grill 41 where we can discuss the exhibition and share ideas regarding painting
Why Travel with Deirdre?
Deirdre has been offering courses in Italian Renaissance method of ?underpainting? to her oil painting students for many years. ?Caravaggio is one of the greatest Italian artists who worked with this kind of approach to painting. ?This is an opportunity to share the experience of viewing paintings from a master from this tradition.
*This trip is open to everyone.